So what is up with the recent recipes, short stories and inspirational "likes" taking over facebook?!
Is this driving anyone else as batty as it is me??
Seriously, that's what pinterest was created for, move your stuff to there! Problem is I see recipes I like but I do not want to be one of these people who "share" it to my page and continue the vicious cycle of clogging up the news feed with all my recipes, etc.
Lucky for me (and you) I have a blog and I think I might start documenting some of my finds here so that I can go back and find them easily, esp since you cannot pin from facebook! So be on the lookout for random yummy looking posts!
Here is my first that I really liked and wanted to keep for myself!
60 Ways To Make Your Marriage Rock
**Let me say I DID NOT write these and I am not taking credit for these however just documenting them for easy accessibility.**
60 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE ROCK!
1. PRAY TOGETHER ALWAYS
2. READ THE SCRIPTURES TOGETHER ALWAYS
3. Go on regular date nights
4. Hide notes in secret places
5. Go to bed at the same time
6. Listen to music together-share ear-buds (not so sure this would work lol but would be funny to try)
7. Buy him gifts he will love
8. Revitalize the romance with intimate dates
9. Wear shirts that tell the world you love your spouse (ain't no way am I getting my hubby in one of those shirts but nice thought)
10. Praise your spouse to other people **I PERSONALLY THINK THIS IS HUGE**
11. Read a marriage devotional
12. Sleep in his t-shirts
13. Renew your vows privately with whispers and memories
14. Renew them publicly with cake and bubbly *On the calendar for 2 yrs for us!*
15. Go away together at least once a year *We try to do this atleast twice a year*
For Women Only
16. Hang pictures of the two of you around your house
17. Make his favorite dessert
18. Make sex a priority **Another biggie in my opinion**
19. Spend time apart occasionally
20. Learn to enjoy something he loves
21. Surprise each other
22. Meet him at the door
23. Text each other from across the room
24. Set reminders on your phone to remember him/her throughout the week
25. Call him right now and tell him you appreciate him
For Men Only
26. Leave work on time and come home early
27. Engage every day in meaningful conversation
28. Compliment each other
29. Take one day a month to make your spouse your total focus
30. Argue fair: avoid these words “you always” and “you never”
31. Kiss every day
32. Find tangible ways to serve your mate without complaining
33. Forgive quickly
34. Be honest.
35. Get on the same page: plan your budget together
36. Look your best as often as you can
37. Guard your marriage
38. Laugh together
39. When you are together-BE TOGETHER (take a break from phones, technology, etc)
40. Tell her she’s pretty, especially when she’s not feeling it
41. Make each other breakfast in bed *My husband will do this for me and he has no idea the effect that it has on how I view him*
42. Do her chores for her
44. Get a couple’s massage or host your own privately
44. Dance together-soft music (both of you alone) or rocking music with the kids
45. Exercise together- hikes, bike riding, etc
46. Choose not to be annoyed by an irritating behavior/disappointment from your spouse
47. Thank your spouse often even for the least reason or gesture
48. Lay in bed together and stare into each other eyes, without talking
49. Learn something new together-take an art class, cooking lessons, etc
50. Leave a sweet comment on the Facebook wall
51. Support each other’s goals
52. Bring her flowers/gifts (even when she says they are too expensive)
53. Wear something your spouse loves
54. Share furniture-sit in his lap
55. Fight for your marriage **So many ppl do not do this nowadays, divorce is too quickly brought up**
56. Make a point to eat dinner together most days of the week.
57. Never let your spouse feel like they come second place to your career or any other
58. Talk about your dreams and aspirations. Be supportive of each other and dream big
59. Maintain a united front as your motto: Meaning- “Me and you against the world.
60. Speak well of your spouse
While some of the things on this list might be a little bit of a reach I find it a very good starting point. I will make it a challenge to knock atleast one of these off the list each day. 60 days of committing myself to my marriage. Will you do the same?
Think of the difference that can be made by just trying!
Happy Hump Day Ya'll!!
Look for the END OF ADVOCARE CLEANSE Post tomorrow!