Welcome 2014! I'm actually starting this year on a good note for once! Even though I did over indulge during the entire month of December I am slowly getting back on track.
One thing I learned about myself in 2013 is that I NEED accountability. I need some sort of challenge or goal that is known to people around me for me to follow through. While the end result is great with our bodies there really is never an end result.
Let's be honest, as women we are forever dissatisfied with one part of our body. I wanted to lose weight last year. I did it, felt comfortable in a bikini at the beach, kept the weight off (plus/minus 3-4lbs). I let some of my muscle decrease though which made a huge difference in how I felt. Even though my size 4 jeans still fit I just didn't feel "FIT".
I don't want to be criticizing myself continuously so this year I decided to not pay attention to the scale but pay attention to my Body Fat %. This means lots of lifting heavy crap! I do enjoy weight lifting and am looking forward to starting back up with the new P90X3 on Sunday!
It is only 30min a day which I know I can do. I loved the original P90X but those long 1-1 1/2hr workouts became hard to fit in. I want to do more than just the 30min a day p90x3 but on those days where between work, church, kids, dinner, bath and bed I only have 30min I know it will get done.
No falling off the bandwagon!
I entered a challenge group with some ladies in my area. We all pitched in $10 and set three fitness/health goals for ourself. Each of our goals are different and they must be challenging(meaning losing 3lbs couldn't be one of them). Whoever reaches all three of their goals first wins all the money.
We are in our own little contest, a private group where we hold each other accountable and we have a leader to report to weekly. She also posts monthly challenges we must do on top of whatever other fitness activity we are doing.
So for the New Year, New Me Challenge my Three goals are:
1) Complete P90X3 without missing a day (unless I'll in which the day must be made up)
2) Lose down to 24% body fat
3) Complete 5 Unassisted Pull-ups
The second goal will be the hardest for me because I love food!! I'm a lot like my fellow weightless blogger Mama Laughlin because my love for Reese's goes deep but I also don't want to just be comfortable in a bikini this year. I want to ROCK in a bikini this year!
Diet is 80% of body fat loss and the other 20% comes from lifting heavy and HIIT cardio (not a fan of this either) so it is going to be challenging but hey...that's why it's called a CHALLENGE!! (Not a resolution that always gets broken)
I am only using my fitness IG account now so you can follow some of my food choices, my P90x3 challenge and some updates on there easiest as blogging is becoming more and more difficult to fit in. I will do a big post on Sunday though with my before pics....OH WAIT I forgot to mention the hubs is doing P90X3 with me so I'm hoping to have his Before pics too!! (That is if he cooperates and lets me take them). I will also put all my stats and measurements in that post.
This year is about becoming FIT and learning to love my body and treat it as the temple of Jesus that it is. I'm currently reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure and she is giving some great scripture references to why we should be taking care of our body.
We bought our son a. Samsung Galaxy Tablet for Christmas a few years ago. When we gave it to him we out it in an Otterbox and had a nice long talk about how important it is that he take care of it. Keep it clean, be careful not to drop it, don't spill any juice on it and treat it responsibly. He has done a very good job and it is still running just well s what it did the day we bought it.
God did this for us, be paid a HUGE price (sending His son to die) for us. He gave us 1 body to take care of and treat well. Why is it so easy for us to take care of our material items (home, car, iPad, iPhone, etc) but we can't seem to take care of our body? The one thing we have COMPLETE control of?? This year I'm on a spiritual journey too. I long to become closer to Christ and love my body the way he does therefore treat it the way he made me too.
The best way to keep up with me is through IG SSmGetsfit is my account name so look me up!
For now I'll leave you with some pictures from my fitness journey last year , it feels so good to be able to write about the next step and not about repeating step 1 again because I let it all go!